any soft bifocal contact len that correct astigmatism?

Discussion in 'Contact Lenses' started by petey, Oct 27, 2004.

  1. petey

    petey Guest

    i have -2.50-2.50x133 and -6.50-2.75x66. i was fitted with toric and
    monovision and i hated it. my doc told me he's not aware of any soft
    bifocal that correct astigmatism as well. he suggested i see a contact
    lense specialist to be fitted with rgp that may fix it.....any
    suggestion? TIA
    petey, Oct 27, 2004
  2. petey

    LarryDoc Guest

    Sure. There are actually quite a few toric multifocals and I have
    successfully fit a few. A doctor who is interested in fitting this lens
    design will have access to 9 different brands.

    If you can wear RGP multifocals and your astigmatism is cornea derived,
    you might have better success with RGP designs, but soft is certainly an

    Best of luck.


    Dr. Larry Bickford, O.D.
    Family Practice Eye Health & Vision Care

    The Eyecare Connection
    larrydoc at eye-care-contacts dot com (remove -)
    LarryDoc, Oct 28, 2004
  3. petey

    petey Guest

    thanks, and which brand do you have the most luck with? and how much
    will it run for the lenses? TIA
    petey, Oct 28, 2004
  4. petey

    LarryDoc Guest

    That's not necessarily relevant to your needs. The practitioner should
    be able to figure out which design is most appropriate for you.
    Again, that will be up to the practitioner. Do remember that your costs
    will include office visits for fitting and follow-up in addition to the
    costs of the lenses.

    LarryDoc, Oct 28, 2004
Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.