Best tint for office strip lighting?

Discussion in 'Glasses' started by branney, Feb 1, 2010.

1. branney

branney

I have worn glasses at work for over 2 years. I'm about to buy my first replacement pair, and I would like to get some sort of tint.

I can sit all day and all evening looking at a monitor (old CRT or modern LCD), with or without glasses, and get no eye strain.

However, if I sit immediately below one of the lights at work, I get irritated, and have to close my eyes for several seconds at a time towards the end of the day.
    Over the years, I have noticed this in 3 workplaces, and it is worse if the desk has a semi-reflective surface, or if the metal lighting surround is reflecting directly into my eyes.
    By putting something non reflective, such as paper, over the reflective desk, and adjusting the height of my chair to avoid reflections from the light surround, or sitting between the light fixtures, I can overcome the effect.

Therefore, what is the best type of tint to get to specifically block out office strip lights?

branney, Feb 1, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question