Black spec or spot out of my right eye?

Discussion in 'Eye-Care' started by luvtopost, May 7, 2006.

  1. luvtopost

    luvtopost Guest

    Hi all,
    I've been seeing some black spots out of my right eye here and there
    for the past few years. It is not always occurring, but can be
    annoying. It kinda feels like a fly is flying around the room and your
    eyes are tracking it. I know it is from the right eye because when i
    cover my right eye, i don't see it. You could say that it also looks
    like a shadow spect. Any thoughts on this? I don't have health
    insurance at this moment.
    luvtopost, May 7, 2006
    1. Advertisements

  2. luvtopost

    Salmon Egg Guest

    Having had the same problem, I can guess. But don't rely upon my knowledge.
    First, and more benignly, you may be seeing floaters. These consist of crap
    in the eye. IIRC, a fancy medical term using muscid or some similar Latin
    word is sometimes used by doctors to bedazzle patients with floaters.

    These spots can also be symptoms of ocular migraine. In my case, they did
    not move around but merely appeared and disappeared. Headache is not
    necessarily a symptom.

    -- Ferme le Bush
    Salmon Egg, May 7, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.