Blue glare with progressives

Discussion in 'Glasses' started by ascaris, Jun 21, 2012.

1. ascaris

ascaris

Hi,

I found this forum after finding no informative resources via Google and a provider who wasn't very helpful.

I recently received a new pair of glasses:

They are Zeiss GT2 progressive 1.67 High Index with AR coatings, and I have astigmatism.

Except for the clear vision area near the major reference point, I find that I see "blue light" glare at the edge of any lights, or sharp corners of objects when there is a light source close by illuminating them. For example, the entire edge of a kitchen's fluorescent light will have a bright blue border, or the edge of a window blind will have it during the day.

I do not have this problem with my old pair of progressives or contacts, nor does it happen when I'm not wearing glasses.

I had the lab send a new lens, and it has the same issue although the exact location where it exhibits this property is not the same as the first lens.

Could anyone point me to a resource or provide some insight? Thanks!

Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
    ascaris, Jun 21, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. ascaris

wearegood

Did your old pair have anti-reflective coating on it? Seems the coating causes this issue.

wearegood, Aug 28, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question