Cataracts & Eyeglass Prescription

Discussion in 'Eye-Care' started by T-Sant, Apr 10, 2022.

1. T-Sant

T-Sant

I recently had two eye and optical exams by an optometrist and optician. I visited two optometrists to get two opinions. My main goal was to get an up to date eyeglass prescription (B) as I feel like my more recent prescription from a couple months ago is weak. It turns out that my original prescription (A) was too strong...it gave me headaches, but I could see really nice and clear.

I have not yet had my eyes dilated and will go back for that part of the exam next week. I am a 39 years old male. I was told that have early stage cataracts in both eyes, a little over level 1.

Attached is the eye auto refractometer reading. As you can see and from what they tell me, I have good vision. However, even though I have good vision without glasses, I still feel things are not as clear as I would like without glasses, particularly at night. I feel like even my vision is good, I shouldn't feel things are slightly blurry.

Is it possible that even though the readings are showing I have "good vision"/not a strong prescription, that the cataracts are affecting my vision ever so slightly and not letting the eyes achieve their potential? So from the opticians point of view, my data shows I have a not so strong prescription, however with the low cataract level, it's somehow affecting that and so whatever eyeglass prescription I get, whether appropriate or too strong, I'm not going to be able to see properly.

Would doing cataract surgery now allow me to achieve this clear vision?

Additionally:
    1) I have been feeling a slight burning in the corner of one eye of the last months. Especially when there is strong light or even slight sunshine, there's a slight aggravation in that eye. I thought this was a prescription issue, but the more I observe, it feel like light is stimulating something.
    2) If I wanted to forgo eyeglasses and have Lasik, do I get the cataract surgery first and then Lasik?

Thank you so much for your advice.

(I may have a more specific prescription question that I will ask on a separate thread)

Attached Files:

T-Sant, Apr 10, 2022
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question