Do these glasses exist?

Discussion in 'Glasses' started by imascot, Jun 15, 2006.

  1. imascot

    imascot Guest

    I hope someone here can point me in the right direction (if there is
    one!) My husband has been nearsighted all his life, and wears glasses.
    Due to age, his nearsightedness has reduced itself somewhat, and he has
    a new problem. He likes to read or use his laptop while watching TV (TV
    is across the room), and finds his glasses are annoying when he drops
    his eyes down to read. He has to keep taking them off, and putting them
    on to switch back and forth.
    What he would like to find out is if there exists an upside down half
    size eyeglass, wherein the prescription glass would be up high, to look
    through for TV, with NO glass of any kind on the bottom. Yeah, they
    would look funny, but he'd only use them at home. Regular bifocals are
    not what he wants, even with no prescription "blank" glass on the
    bottom. He'd like to look down through NO glass at all.
    Does anyone know if such a thing exists, and where to find them if they
    do? I appreciate all information.

    imascot, Jun 15, 2006
    1. Advertisements

  2. imascot

    otisbrown Guest

    Dear J,

    Yes, "high" minus do exist. My sister wore them some
    time ago.

    They do look a little "funny", but they work.

    Just ask your friendly OD -- he should be able
    to make them up -- no problem.


    otisbrown, Jun 15, 2006
    1. Advertisements

  3. imascot

    Dick Adams Guest

    An alternative solution might be a small-screen TV set placed close. Even
    buying one new might be cheaper than custom eyeglasses. That should appeal
    if you are really a Scot.
    Dick Adams, Jun 15, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.