Drill Mount / Rimless Toolkit

Discussion in 'Optometry Archives' started by rhocking, Aug 7, 2006.

  1. rhocking

    rhocking Guest

    Is there such a thing as a drill mount / rimless frame toolkit?

    Basically a tool for adjusting the small nut(s) that hold the
    bridge/temples to the lenses. Using small pliers to do the adjustment
    seems to add the risk of scratching.

    If there is such a toolkit, any idea where can I get one?

    Many Thanks,
    rhocking, Aug 7, 2006
    1. Advertisements

  2. rhocking

    Dick Adams Guest

    If you Google eyeglasses AND nutdriver, you will find what
    you are looking for.

    For instance, see eBay item #140001075690.
    Dick Adams, Aug 14, 2006
    1. Advertisements

  3. rhocking

    Quick Guest

    Be careful. I use(d) rimless readers (inexpensive) with screws and
    nuts. I've busted a lot of lenses by tightening them too much.

    Quick, Aug 15, 2006
  4. rhocking

    Dick Adams Guest

    You ("Quick") should seek professional help.

    Some ODs are qualified to use screw/nut drivers.
    Dick Adams, Aug 15, 2006
  5. rhocking

    Quick Guest

    Oh, my mistake, the OP asked if such a thing existed.
    I assumed an OD would be aware of such things and
    came to the conclusion that the OP wasn't a doc. That
    led me to believe they were going to perform this operation
    themselves and possibly hadn't done so before. Pretty
    easy not to think about that until the plastic cracks.

    Thanks for your advice but I'm already under the care
    of a very competent OD.

    Quick, Aug 15, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.