exotorpia/strabismus

Discussion in 'Eye-Care' started by jy2633, Jan 21, 2013.

1. jy2633

jy2633

so i am 15 years old. (almost 16) and i used to be cross-eyed as a kid, until i surgery to fix that. according to my parents, i was fine for a couple of years until i started having exotropia for about 3-4 years now. i believe it is in both eyes since i can control which i to actually "use" (if i want to view from my left, my right will be the "lazy one" and vice versa) i recently figured if i wear my contact lenses and glasses both at the same time, my exotropia is gone. i am not sure if this is safe however. i have the option of surgery but i fear it and the chances of not successing and the bad things that may occur along with it. I was hoping to get help from a optometrist or doctor. please help me and thank you.
    second, i was sondering what would happen if i continued wearing my contact lenses and glasses at the same time. (both have same prescription).
    third, what would happen if i left my exotropia alone? are there any methods of fixing it without surgery? please help and thank you.

jy2633, Jan 21, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question