Flat corneas

Discussion in 'Optometry Discussion' started by miss jemmyjem, May 10, 2018.

  1. miss jemmyjem

    miss jemmyjem

    May 10, 2018
    Likes Received:
    I have been told I have very flat corneas. The hospital I went to where this was diagnosed is a small hospital with basic equipment. The consultant Ophthalmologist was not very helpful and didn't give me any information about what may cause this problem and whether there will be any deterioration, other than it is associated with Ehlers Danlos, which I have.

    She also said that I would need a special type of equipment to measure my corneas, which the hospital I went to doesn't have. Please can anyone tell me what causes flat corneas - is there another name for this? And does anyone know what this piece of equipment is called which measures the flatness of the cornea so that my doctor can refer me to a hospital with this piece of equipment.
    miss jemmyjem, May 10, 2018
Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.