I wonder if glasses reduce...

Discussion in 'Glasses' started by Rick, Jul 10, 2005.

1. Rick

Rick Guest

I'm french Canadian so bear with my English please. I am a diabetic of type 2. I am also 46. I noticed that for the last 6 months that I have more problem at reading. Its not dramatic yet, but its not easy as before. I went to pass a eye test, and that confirmed what I thought + that I am starting a bit of astigmatism (sp?) and fortunatly no damaged found that may be caused by diabetes.

I have another test to pass this coming Tuesday. The doctor will confirm the data of the first test before giving me a prescription.

Since it is not a major problem yet can I wait before ordering those glasses.

I wonder if glasses reduce the "aging" of the eyes ? In other words am I going to make my condition worst by refusing to wear glasses ??

If I have too, what are you suggesting for material ? I do not want something too delicate, however I would like to have progressive , Photochromic( it is good or should I go with clip on ) antiglare and antiscratch.

Any particular brand to avoid ?

Thanks

Rick, Jul 10, 2005
    1. Advertisements

2. Rick

Dr Judy Guest

It is a normal part of aging to need reading glasses sometime after age 40, diabetic or not. Glasses do not affect the eyes, wearing them or not wearing will neither slow down nor speed up the aging process. Whether you get glasses now or later depends on how much clear near vision matters to you.

If you do not wear the glasses, you will continue to have trouble reading and your trouble reading will get worse over time due to birthdays. If you do get the glasses, you will not have trouble reading as long with them on and your trouble reading will get worse over time due to birthdays.

Whether you get a photochromic or a clip is a matter of personal preference. The photochromics do not get quite as dark, especially in a car. The clips have to be taken on and off and can get lost.

Dr Judy

I'm french Canadian so bear with my English please. I am a diabetic of type 2. I am also 46. I noticed that for the last 6 months that I have more problem at reading. Its not dramatic yet, but its not easy as before. I went to pass a eye test, and that confirmed what I thought + that I am starting a bit of astigmatism (sp?) and fortunatly no damaged found that may be caused by diabetes.

I have another test to pass this coming Tuesday. The doctor will confirm the data of the first test before giving me a prescription.

I wonder if glasses reduce the "aging" of the eyes ? In other words am I going to make my condition worst by refusing to wear glasses ??

If I have too, what are you suggesting for material ? I do not want something too delicate, however I would like to have progressive , Photochromic( it is good or should I go with clip on ) antiglare and antiscratch.

Thanks

Dr Judy, Jul 10, 2005
    1. Advertisements

3. Rick

Rick Guest

Thanks Judy,

BTW any brand to get or to avoid ??
    It is a normal part of aging to need reading glasses sometime after age 40, diabetic or not. Glasses do not affect the eyes, wearing them or not wearing will neither slow down nor speed up the aging process. Whether you get glasses now or later depends on how much clear near vision matters to you.

If you do not wear the glasses, you will continue to have trouble reading and your trouble reading will get worse over time due to birthdays. If you do get the glasses, you will not have trouble reading as long with them on and your trouble reading will get worse over time due to birthdays.

Whether you get a photochromic or a clip is a matter of personal preference. The photochromics do not get quite as dark, especially in a car. The clips have to be taken on and off and can get lost.

Dr Judy

Thanks

Rick, Jul 11, 2005
  4. Brands differ in their rate of change and their colour when dark (ie
    some are browner, some grey, etc). Most places have a sample or two and
    can describe the differences.

firebrandfaerie, Jul 11, 2005
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question