Lens Manufacture Malfunction

Discussion in 'Glasses' started by Courtney, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Courtney

Courtney

My much anticipated progressive lenses are on their 5th remake at the lab. My optical center keeps giving me the excuse that the lenses are cracking when the frame is screwed onto the lense.

I’ve had silhouettes before but didn’t have this issue, in fact they arrived earlier than the given ETA. Now, I’ve chosen a new silhouette frame, but the lab keeps having trouble completing the order. The first two times the lenses didn’t leave the lab because there was a fracture on the lense. The third time the lab sent the wrong lenses on my frames. And now the fourth remake the lenses had a fracture and were returned for remake #5.

Has anyone else had this kind of issue with a rimless pair of glasses? The optical center keeps telling me how fragile these glasses are, but I haven’t heard of this type of an issue before. My family and friends all wear silhouettes and haven’t experienced this type of an issue.

Any comment or advice is appreciated.

Courtney, Feb 5, 2018
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question