nose pieces/protectors

Discussion in 'Optometry Archives' started by Larry G, Sep 3, 2005.

  1. Larry G

    Larry G Guest

    Hi everyone,

    I have a pair of wire frame (I guess it's wire frame, as opposed to
    plastic) eyeglasses and when I was cleaning them one day, the left nose
    piece, protector fell out, and I can't find it anywhere.

    Does anyone know if these are replaceable. I don't want spend money on
    a new pair of glasses. If I go to an optometrist like a Lenscrafters,
    can I buy a new one? It's become somewhat painful on the old nose. I've
    had this pair forever, and I'd like to keep them a bit longer, lol.

    Thanks in advance,
    Larry G, Sep 3, 2005
    1. Advertisements

  2. Larry G

    The Real Bev Guest

    The ones I've had are held in the little loop with tiny screws. Around here
    the chains will give you new ones or adjust your old ones with a smile and a
    "Come back when you need new glasses" instead of a bill.

    "Some people say that when it rains it means that God is crying,
    probably because of something that you did." --Jack Handey
    The Real Bev, Sep 4, 2005
    1. Advertisements

  3. Larry G

    Sandy Guest

    You should be able to go to Lenscrafters and they will replace the
    plastic nosepieces for you. They will replace both and if you did not
    get the glasses there, they will charge you about $10 for both.
    Hopefully this helps you. Take care.
    Sandy, Sep 5, 2005
  4. Larry G

    The Real Bev Guest

    Thanks. I went to the place that sold them to me, who swapped the pads for me
    several dozen times -- large, small, hard, soft... They all sucked. They
    said if I'd come in sooner they might have been willing to put the lenses into
    diffeent frames.

    Don't put up with things for a year and a half, DO IT NOW!
    The Real Bev, Sep 6, 2005
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.