One ear lower than other

Discussion in 'Optometry Archives' started by joy, Oct 2, 2006.

  1. joy

    joy Guest

    I have one ear a little lower than the other. I'm trying to find
    something to fit on my ear piece to make my glasses even. It bothers me
    and I keep fidling with them. Does anyone know of anything?
    joy, Oct 2, 2006
    1. Advertisements

  2. joy

    joy Guest

    Thats what they say and have tried more than once. It still bothers me
    and others have complained also, that is why I want something to put on
    the ear piece.
    joy, Oct 2, 2006
    1. Advertisements

  3. joy

    Fidelis K Guest

    You can pretty much superglue anything soft (e.g., silicon) to the ear
    piece. Or, you could have plastic surgery on one of your ears if you're
    bothered that much.
    Fidelis K, Oct 2, 2006
  4. joy

    The Real Bev Guest

    You'd think, wouldn't you.
    I have the same problem. I just bend one earpiece. It looks ugly, but
    since my film career is already foundering I figure it doesn't matter
    all that much :) I'd rather have the fitter do it -- if they break it
    they'll have to give me a new one -- but it's easier to just do it myself.

    "Calling someone an asshole for being rude to a telemarketer
    is like accusing someone who's shot a burglar in his home
    of being a poor host." -- W.S.Rowell
    The Real Bev, Oct 3, 2006
  5. joy

    CatmanX Guest

    A 6 inch coach-screw into the side of the head works. You then tie the
    frame with fuse-wire and it will stay in place.

    Alternativly, get the bloody glasses adjusted. It is not hard, I manage
    to do it a few times each week. If your OD can't do it, they should
    find someone who can, it is not that difficult.

    dr grant
    CatmanX, Oct 3, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.