procedure called Penetrating keratotomy?

Discussion in 'Optometry Archives' started by AJ, Mar 14, 2007.

  1. AJ

    AJ Guest

    I am looking for information about a procedure called Penetrating
    keratotomy? MY Girlfriend has a reoccurring corneal ulcer caused by a
    piece of grass(yes that's spelled right) that injured her cornea a few
    years past. Her eye doctor says that since it keeps 'cracking' that
    he recomends this procedure as it will bring up new epithial? cells
    from deeper in her cornea to help heal. I am looking for infor about
    the procedure and costs.

    Thank you

    AJ, Mar 14, 2007
    1. Advertisements

  2. AJ

    AJ Guest

    Wow thank you for that information, it was really helpful. Talking
    with my GF she says that yes that what her doctor called it (RCE).
    and looking thru the emedicine topic found the procedure that
    describes what he said he recomended(Anterior stromal puncture) but
    was nothing like what he called it. Is this better or worse than the
    PTK procedure. I mean isn't it almost the same think one uses a needle
    the other uses a laser?

    Thank you

    AJ, Mar 15, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.