progressive contacts

Discussion in 'Contact Lenses' started by Ann, Jun 17, 2006.

  1. Ann

    LarryDoc Guest

    IMHO, if you really want to try contacts, your best bet would be
    translating RGP lenses or the Triton translating soft.

    Most of the multifocal contact lenses work best when there are two eyes
    working. The patients in my practice who are the hardest to fit and have
    the lowest level of satisfaction with simultaneous vision multifocal
    contacts are those who are monocular, like you, or strongly one-eyed
    dominant and/or not binocular. Those folks often to well with monovision
    correction or that type of lens design.

    LB, O.D.
    LarryDoc, Jun 19, 2006
    1. Advertisements

  2. Ann

    Ann Guest

    Okay. Thanks.

    I can't use progressive glasses. I've already tried them and the
    small corridor is just not good enough. So if I don't try a contact
    lens then I've nothing left to try. At the moment I am not
    functioning well.
    Yes, I read more about it and they seem to say that each eye is often
    treated differently to complememt the other so only having one is not
    good enough.

    Oh well, I will have to have more of a think.

    Ann, Jun 19, 2006
    1. Advertisements

  3. Ann

    Dr. Leukoma Guest

    There is something called a trifocal with focal lengths for distance,
    arm's length, and 16 inches. There are two distinct lines separating
    them. The field of view is wider than on progressives.

    Dr. Leukoma, Jun 19, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.