Pulfrich monocular?

Discussion in 'Eye-Care' started by J pen, Jun 25, 2015.

1. J pen

J pen

I have everyone stumped. I have a 27 year history of muscle fatigue, muscle pain, cognitive disjunction, hypersomnia, on and on. It's a ridiculous laundry list. It's collected symptom by symptom over the years. No one knows why. My eyes started to have double vision in the mid-2000s. It was intermittent and far apart/short duration at first. Now it's every day and it depends on how much I'm using my eyes how bad it gets.

i have had thorough eye work ups for 3 years and this year saw a Neuro opthalmologist. My eye blurring is monocular (both eyes see their own version of double vision). How vertically misaligned it is varies. Black and white is the most obvious, but I can see it with other colors and objects besides text if I look for it. Sometimes the offset is enough that sentences completely overwrite each other.

In addition, my VFT in year 1 showed problems in the upper right quadrant of the right eye, no major problems in year 2, and this year left hemisphere (only) problems in both eyes.

On the pinhole test this year I saw more clearly, but the double image became a triple image.

Both eyes have some apd and the right has a 50% loss of optic nerve. Left eye is 20/200 right is 20/400. Eyes went from 20/40 to the current prescription between 18 and 20 years of age.

The n.o. Thinks the closest symptomology is pulfrich- monocular. She gave me a paper on it, but it sounds like the monocular form is hypothetical. She doesn't have a diagnosis.

I am being tested soon for mitochondrial disease and recently became hypothyroid, which I suspect is hashimotos.

It runs in the family.

Any thoughts on what may be at the root of this? Myasthenia was ruled out.

Many thanks.

Jen

Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
    J pen, Jun 25, 2015
    1. Advertisements

2. J pen

J pen

I wonder if this could be caused by hashimotos hypothyroiditis

J pen, Jun 25, 2015
    1. Advertisements

3. J pen

J pen

I saw my pcp ystdy after doing a ton of research. He said yes absolutely. This could all be 27 years of autoimmune waxing and waning thyroid damage/hormones screwing my body and brain up. I'm getting the antibody panel n an ultrasound. He also found a nodule. My mom has hashimotos also and t here is a lot of thyroid disea see in my family. Both heighten my risk. I'm really surprised no one tested for it.

J pen, Jun 27, 2015
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question