Reposted from the Freeware Group

Discussion in 'Optometry Archives' started by Al, Mar 8, 2006.

  1. Al

    Al Guest

    I know there are many disabled people who read ACF, so I don't think it
    would be OT here.
    I am looking for a utility to put a computer monitor 'out of focus',
    to the diopter viewing ring on binoculars, so that someone who only wears
    glasses for reading/computer can adjust the focus to compensate. Would I be
    right in saying this could allow the computer to be used without putting
    glasses on and off all the time? Or am I taking a simplistic view.

    I am surprised that mobile phone and monitor manufacturers seem to have not
    thought of this before, perhaps it would be more complicated to achieve
    I think.

    Any thoughts on this please?

    Al, Mar 8, 2006
    1. Advertisements

  2. Al

    acemanvx Guest

    an out of focus monitor isnt the same thing. Binoculars work like
    glasses, the monitor doesnt. Best way is get some computer glasses so
    youll be in perfect focus at your distance. If you sit 20" from the
    computer, get glasses that make you -2 diopters and correct all your
    astigmastim. If someone is -5, he can wear -3 glasses for the computer.
    acemanvx, Mar 8, 2006
    1. Advertisements

  3. Al

    CatmanX Guest

    Shut up dickhead.You are really stupid Nancy. Stop giving advice for
    which you are not qualified.
    dr grant
    CatmanX, Mar 9, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.