Seeing a pinpoint of light as a cell-like flat circle...?

Discussion in 'Optometry Archives' started by nienta, Nov 3, 2005.

  1. nienta

    nienta Guest


    Just thought I'd try to describe this and see if anyones knows what it
    is (if anything)... I don't know any technical terms, but I'll try my
    best to get what I mean across clearly.

    It happens when I take off my glasses at night and look at a pinpoint
    of light- like on the TV when its on standby, or on a laptop charger...
    Or a christmas light, I suppose. With one eye, I see what you'd expect-
    a blurry light- but with the other I see.. well, I want to call it a
    cell, though I don't think that's accurate. Instead of seeing the light
    itself, I see a flat circle, the colour of the light itself, except for
    some shading and small, black circles. There seems to be two layers to
    it; one that doesn't move, and one that can be moved if I squint and
    then open my eye again; the dark circles change location and also can
    create bright lines where, when squinting, the edges of my eyelids has
    been. The outside shape of the circle stays the same on both layers.
    All parts of it are sharply in focus- I can't say that of anything else
    when I have my glasses off!

    Obviously it's not causing me a problem or anything; I'm just curious!
    I hope I've explained it decently... It certainly sounds odd to me ;)

    Thanks :)
    nienta, Nov 3, 2005
    1. Advertisements

  2. nienta

    acemanvx Guest

    sounds like astigmastim and high order abberations which disort light
    as is in my case too
    acemanvx, Nov 15, 2005
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.