Vision and prescription changes

Discussion in 'Eye-Care' started by duchess, Nov 14, 2007.

  1. duchess

    duchess Guest

    Hi, I would like to ask a question but first my presriptions etc.

    My prescription in June 2004 was:

    R: +6.50 -0.50 X 112 (06+) Add +2.00 N5
    L +5.00 (03-) Add +2.00

    At the end of February 2005 it was:

    R: +6.50 -0.50 X 112 (04+) ph (04-) Add +2.00 N6
    L: +5.00 (02) ph (02-) Add +2.00 N6

    In October 2007 it was:

    Sph/Cyl Axis D Prism V/A Add N V/A
    R: +6.50/-0.75 95 0.3- +2.25
    L: -4.5/0.00 1/2 up 0.2- +2.25

    I have ocular macular degeneration and corneal erosion and I am told
    this is caused by inactive Best's Disease.

    I would like to ask:
    if the changes are considered slow/fast/usual?
    If the changes are big or small?
    how an 'inactive' disease could cause macular degeneration and corneal
    whether any of the prescriptions met the requirements for driving?
    whether it is thought that Guillian Barre Syndrome ( contracted it 14
    years ago, after which I was was unable to wear contact lenses again
    and needed correction in my lenses for prism.
    Finally(!) whether the latest prescription is indicative of
    eligibility for registration as partially sighted?

    To anyone with the knowledge and patience to answer any of the above -
    thank you!

    duchess, Nov 14, 2007
    1. Advertisements

  2. duchess

    Dr Judy Guest

    Has the left eye really gone from +5.00 to -4.50 or is it a typo and
    should be +4.50. If -4.50 then it does seem to be a fast change.
    Could be "usual" if due to cataract or corneal problem.
    This is a hard question to answer. They are what they are.
    Driving requirements are based on best corrected acuity, not
    prescription. Reguirements vary from country to country. You will
    need to check with your local licensing agency for this answer. Your
    doctor also could tell you.
    Eligibility for registration as partially sighted depends upon best
    corrected acuity not prescription. The requirements vary from country
    to country. You will need to check with your local registrattion
    agency for this answer. Your doctor could tell you, should have the
    forms needed and will need to fill them out.

    Dr Judy
    Dr Judy, Nov 16, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.