What is this "O 22" on my glasses?

Discussion in 'Glasses' started by Toller, Mar 13, 2007.

  1. Toller

    Toller Guest

    I was cleaning a pair of polycarbonate glasses today and I noticed both
    lenses says "O 22" near the center. It seemed to be pressing into the
    plastic rather than printed. I hadn't cleaned them before with glasses on,
    and with them I can't see the markings.

    What the heck is it, and does it matter?
    Toller, Mar 13, 2007
    1. Advertisements

  2. its a marking that goes on progressive lenses that serve as reference
    it does not matter.
    michael toulch, Mar 13, 2007
    1. Advertisements

  3. Toller

    p.clarkii Guest

    the 22 means that the bifocal add is +2.25 diopters in strength. the
    O is simply a position marker that allows opticians to line up and
    correctly orient the lenses in the frame.
    p.clarkii, Mar 14, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.