What is wrong with my glasses?

Discussion in 'Glasses' started by ryuzaki, Feb 3, 2017.

1. ryuzaki

ryuzaki

Hi.

I've been wearing glasses for years, and recently felt I needed a new prescription (headaches, difficulty focusing, fatigue). Went to Boots for an eye test, did all the usual tests, got a new prescription.

Sent off to have some old, well fitting frames reglazed and cleaned up. New lenses are hopeless. Can't focus on stuff beyond arm's length. Went back to Boots, they checked and the lenses are correct, pupil distance is correct (re-measured), couldn't find a thing wrong.

Did another eye test, same result as before. I compared the goggles they use during the test to the glasses, and despite supposedly being the same I could see an obvious difference. But Boots can't figure it out, as far as they can tell the lenses match the prescription which matches the goggles.

Any suggestions on how I can handle this? I could complain to Boots perhaps but I really just want to get the right glasses. Any ideas why the measurements they did would not find what the problem is?

My prescription is:

Eye / Sphere / Cylinder / Axis
    Right -0.50, 1.00, 90
    Left -0.25, 1.25, 105
    Reading adaptation 1.25
    6/6 acuity, near sighted in both eyes.

ryuzaki, Feb 3, 2017
    FourEyes likes this.
    1. Advertisements

2. ryuzaki

FourEyes

I could have written this same post...but I see no response.

FourEyes, Mar 30, 2017
    1. Advertisements

3. ryuzaki

ryuzaki

I asked on another, more helpful forum too.

Long story short I got a refund and went to a better optometrist. They gave me a different prescription which is better. Distance is fine. They are varifocals, and the reading part isn't quite right I think. But the worst part is that medium distance is terrible. Computer screen work is really bad.

I'm going back in a week to discuss what to do. They suggested an occupational lens but I am a bit young, and when I tried the tester thingy for a couple of hours it was pretty bad too. Things were clearer, but it was like tunnel vision, scanning over the screen was really fatiguing.

ryuzaki, Mar 30, 2017
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question